pip3 fails to compile C module(like Pillow, readline etc) on Yosemite

After upgrading OSX to Yosemite, I found pip3 was not working on homebrewed python3. There seems to be many blogs about this problems but I should do some try-and-errors to fix. Here is what I did in order.

 1. install Command Line Tools for 10.10, downloaded from Apple Developer(https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action) .

 2. reinstall gcc
brew reinstall gcc

 3. reinstall python3
brew reinstall python3

 4. do pip pip3 install pillow

I am not sure this is the best way, but it worked for me at least. Hope this helps somebody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subclassing and Signal connect on a same widget crashes PySide application on exit.

Calling OpenCV functions via Cython from Python 3.X.

Showing CPU/Memory usage on tmux status bar(tmuxのステータスバーにCPUとMemoryの使用状況を表示する)