Disabling home-button-slide to search by Google now.

As I trying to make an android app for my autism kid, I wanted to disable any button to escape the app without inserting password.
I killed homebutton as making it to be a HOME application, I found that my kid sometimes accidentally wonders into other apps through google search by sliding home button.
I finally disables (or rather overwrites) it by capturing its intent.
The trick is very easy. Just add one line to AndroidManifest.
<intent-filter>
  <action always="always" android:name="android.intent.action.ASSIST />
    ....
First time adding this, sliding home button makes you to choose what to do, so choose your own app and makes it "always".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Subclassing and Signal connect on a same widget crashes PySide application on exit.

Calling OpenCV functions via Cython from Python 3.X.

Showing CPU/Memory usage on tmux status bar(tmuxのステータスバーにCPUとMemoryの使用状況を表示する)